Monday, September 8, 2008

Bear Lake

OK, so this is long overdue, but our Bear Lake weekend in July was too fun to not blog about. This year we had our first annual friend get-together (I'm not going to write the official name of the reunion because it sounds naughty, even though it's not) at Tyrel's in-laws' awesome cabin! We are hoping to make this an annual occurrence and we are hoping that even more of our friends will be able to come in future years.

First of all get a look at this awesome cabin! The cabin is nicer and bigger than most houses and it is right on the golf course, which was heaven for Taylor. He managed to get in two rounds of golf. This is the same golf course that he plays every year during his family's Bear Lake getaway, but this year he was not very happy with his scores. Since I played the course with him last year I can verify that he really is much better than his 2008 scores indicated.We spent time at the beach/lake. We rented a jet ski and had tons of fun with it! Surprisingly there were no injuries (besides a couple of people getting their breath knocked out of them from some intense spills)…no casualties. We buried each other in the sand, collected sea shells, played frisbee in the water and ate a lot of food.

We relaxed at the cabin just the right amount. Tyrel was the cutest mom ever and brought crafts for all of the little kids! I think some of us adults had the most fun with the crafts, but the kids definitely enjoyed them too! I absolutely love my friends! I know I know, I'm turning all www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com on ya, but I really believe that I have the best friends a girl could ever ask for. We can go months or even years without seeing each other and as soon as we get together it's like we've been hanging out every day since preschool (which is when our friendship began).












This weekend was the start of what better be a very long tradition for us. All of you who didn't come this year need to mark your calendars for next year. I think we decided that we will always try to do it the third weekend in July so now you definitely have enough time to plan to come…no excuses!



I've got a kinda sad, kinda happy side note I thought you should all know about... I sold my hamsters. That's right, hamsters plural. I think I only blogged about Eleanor but the week after we got Eleanor we got her a little friend named Mary Todd. Eleanor and Mary Todd hated each other and they engaged regularly in boxing and biting matches. Eleanor stole MT's food every day and she piled up the bedding under MT's wheel so that she couldn't run in it. Eleanor was the literal definition of a bully, but we loved her just the same. We sold them because I just didn't give them the attention they deserved. I cleaned their cages regularly but I HATED to do it, so after the last gagarrific cleaning I decided it was time to ksl.com the rats. I had interested buyers calling immediately and Miss Eleanor Rose Harrison and Mary Todd Harrison now officially reside in Riverton. At times I miss them, but I never miss them at 2 a.m. Now I can now sleep through the night without hearing them running and running and running in their wheels. I am having technical difficulties trying to get my pictures to upload from my camera so when/if I get that fixed I will add a picture of tiny Mary Todd.

3 comments:

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

I'm so glad you posted about Bear Lake. I've been waiting for you to do it! I'm way sad I wasn't there but I WILL be there next year. Hearing about everything made me miss everybody! Tyrel is awesome to do that!!! that cabin is awesome! The third weekend in July is marked in my book! Sorry about the babies, i'd give Taeg and Tripp away if they bit eachother to:) oh wait, they do:)

Kristi said...

So I'm pretty sure the paragraph about the hamsters was even more TAMNish then the other- Love ya!!

bbcccpalmers. said...

Stacy,
this is buff, this blogging stuff is all new to me. Brooke got me started this weekend. I just wanted to say hi. tell ya that I love ya. check out my blog hope to see you soon.