First up is Kacey's wedding last month which equaled my first (and most likely last) attempt at making a wedding cake. Don't get me wrong, it was fun to do and it turned out decent for our first time, but I am not quite ready to quit my day job. Noelle and I spent the day before Kacey's wedding doing her cake. We had our mishaps, but in the end it all turned out ok.
Next is Halloween. My team at work dressed as college students just so we could take advantage of the opportunity to wear jeans and hoodies. I rocked a BYU hoodie and enjoyed the comfort of it to the top T! Halloween night Taylor and I went to a Halloween party at our friends Taylor and Melissa's house. They put on a great party and we're really glad that we went. We dressed up as hippies.
Last weekend my fun sister-in-law called and asked me if I would possibly make a birthday cake for the family celebration the next day for two of her sons' birthdays. I gladly said yes. The only requests she gave me were that they wanted a chocolate cake and it should be football themed. I went to work. It was so much fun to make; I love theme cakes!
Lastly, I need to send a late birthday shout out to a couple of my wonderful sisters! Marilyn's big day was last week and Heather's was yesterday.
Here are a few reasons that I love Marilyn:
She is the oldest child in the family so I'm sure she wore my parents down a bit for the rest of us.
She loves to try new things and she's so much fun to be around.
She is a really really good example. She is a fabulous mom to her kids, a great wife, a fun sister...she does it all and she doesn't do anything halfway.
If it weren't for Marilyn I probably never would have gotten into running. I still don't like running but she pushes everyone in my family to do 5Ks and triathlons and other fitness events. I am a much healthier person because of her.
Everyone has always told me that I look a lot like her. I have been called Marilyn more times in my life than I can count. I take that as a compliment :)
I am so glad that she is my big sister and I love her so much!
Now for a few reasons that I love Heather and I am so glad that she married my big bro:
She is the sweetest person that I have ever known and it is completely legitimate...she really is that nice!
She makes Jeremy so happy.
She is such a cute and fun mom. Her kids are her life and she does such a great job raising them.
She puts up with us Lymans and she goes along with the stuff we like to do (she even ate biscuits and gravy with us without complaining up until this year!)
Heather is one of the cutest people I know and I just love her so much.
2 comments:
Amen! to everything you said about Marilyn and Heather. We are so lucky they are part of our family.
Actually, though I can't say it as nicely as you do, Stacy, you are pretty darn awesome yourself!
Post a Comment