My dad is one of my ultimate heroes in life. He always has been but as the years go by I am more and more impressed by the person that he is and I am so very thankful to have him as my dad.
I'm sure that there must have been a time in my teenage life that I was embarrassed by him or thought he was uncool or whatever; but honestly I can only remember ever being proud to say that he was my dad. This post would go on way too long if I wrote all of the things that make me so thankful to be his daughter, so I will only mention a few.
My dad is so supportive of everything his family does. He has seven children and it was so so so rare for him to ever miss anything we were participating in, be it sports, dance, scholastic competitions, church events etc. He still makes every effort to be to everything. With six children-in-law and 14 grandchildren added to the mix and with him living hours away from most of us, I can only imagine how tiring it is to schedule it all in and to travel so much. I know that he and my mom love being able to experience all of the things that they do with us, but I don't think they have any idea how much we all appreciate the effort that they make for us.In my opinion my dad is what all husbands should aspire to be for their wives. He loves my mom and would do anything for her. They have created a very strong and eternal family and my dad is the strong patriarch leading us all in the things we should do. On that note, my dad has such a strong testimony. Never once in my life have I questioned where he stood on any gospel issues. He honors his priesthood and teaches others (by word and example) to do the same.
My dad has a wonderful and cheesy "dad sense of humor." He loves to smile and laugh and he passes that happy attitude on to others.

I could go on and on all night long, but the bottom line is that I am so thankful for my loving daddy. I love him so much and I hope he has 60 more birthdays!
5 comments:
First off- Jed as a little boy looks TOTALLY like the cute little boy on the old show,'Leave it to Beaver'. LOL! And I agree - he is everything a husband and father should aspire to be. I am so greatful that he is my father-in-law! Glad you posted that. :)
Jed is such a good guy. I LOVED his sense of humor when I worked at the school with him. You do have a great dad!
AMEN!!!!!
I know your dad because I got him in his son.
I love your Mom and Dad too! They are wonderful examples.
Post a Comment