Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jazz musings and the ZOO

So our fabulous friends Kacey and Joe have Jazz season tickets. Because they're awesome they offer their tickets to us sometimes when they can't use them, so we've been to a couple of games this season. We always love Jazz games, especially when they win. Last night's game against Detroit was a lot of fun! It was a really close game the whole time and it had a very exciting finish. The game went into OT and we ended up winning by 3 points. This was quite possibly the rowdiest Jazz game I've ever been to that wasn't a playoff game. Taylor had already been to the BYU football game earlier in the day so he was nice and hoarse by the end of the two games.
Here's a pic of Taylor watching the Jazz game very intently in the 4th quarter.

Even the halftime show was really awesome last night. It was a group of seriously extreme jump ropers. I'm not sure if they were the Summerwind Skippers as I couldn't understand when the announcer introduced them, but I think it might have been them. They were amazing! And how could I not mention the Jazz Bear? I love him and I think he is so talented and funny. When I was in NY for my job training, Taylor and I went to a Jazz - Nets game. It was the Nets' mascot's birthday so he had invited some of his mascot friends from around the league to come party with him. The Jazz Bear was one of them that came to the party. At that point I'd probably been in NY for a month and a half and it was so nice to see him and feel a little closer to home. I know that's cheesy but it truly was nice to see a familiar piece of Utah right there in NJ that night.


Changing subjects, a couple of weeks ago we went to the zoo with Kace and Joe. It was SO worth our time and money. We chose the perfect time to go; the weather that Saturday was not too hot or too cold and we went early enough that we missed the afternoon crowds. The animals were so neat and we got to see all of the new cute baby animals that were born this spring.
Who knew that I'm basically the same size as an adult male gorilla?

Baby giraffe

Penguins are cute

Kace and Joe on the train

The highlight of our trip to the zoo? Zuri, the baby elephant. SO CUTE!

I think the one in the BYU hat is cutest



1 comment:

The Bradshaws said...

Fun zoo trip, we went in the middle of the summer...not smart, your timing was much better! So What...Kacey and Joe have season tickets!!! Put us on the they can't go you guys can't go list!!! Oh, and we're coming to her bday dinner too so see ya soon!