Anyway, back to my mom. I could not pass up the opportunity to post about her and to mention just a few of the reasons why I think she is so amazing. My mom is exactly what I aspire to be when I grow up. She was the best mom that I could ever imagine anyone having. She is the sweetest and most caring person that I know; she is constantly serving others just because that is her nature. When I was growing up my mom would always make enough food on Sundays to take dinner to cute little old widowers in the ward. It was such a special little thing that we were able to do each week and I'm sure that none of us, especially my mom, has any idea how much of a blessing it was for the numerous men who got to benefit from my mom's delicious cooking. That is just one of MANY examples of my mom always thinking of others. She cares so much about people and I wish I had half the amount of Christlike love that she has in her.
My mom is the least lazy person that I know. She sleeps a fraction of the amount that the rest of us do. I think it's because she secretly feels like the rest of us sleep a little too much (us Lymans are famous for being good sleepers) so she is trying to make up for our lack of productiveness a little bit by being extra extra productive all of the time. She has a million things going on all the time and she manages to do everything so well. We always had warm home-cooked meals growing up; she even made breakfast. We sat down to delicious dinners together every night. With seven kids there was never a shortage of laundry and dishes and cleaning and helping with homework and everything else that comes with a big family. She quilts, she gardens, she bottles food, and she takes the time to teach her kids how to do those things too.I've never seen my mom lose her patience. She is so sweet and calm. Her grandkids just love her to death because she is such a fun and kind grandma who always has time for them
Something kind of interesting about my mom is that she doesn't really like sugar. She says that it makes her have weird dreams. Maybe secretly she just thinks that the rest of us eat too much sugar (because like our ability to sleep more than most people would think humanly possible, we also really really like our sweets and we eat a lot of it) so she is trying to make up for it by staying away from the sugar. No actually I believe that she really just doesn't love sweets, which is kind of crazy if you ask me, but it is a trait that I wish I would have gotten more of.
My mom is literally everything that I aspire to be in a mom. I've heard her say multiple times that she doesn't know how her kids turned out so well. We had no choice but to make pretty good decisions with the parents that we had. They did such a good job of teaching us right and wrong and of being such great examples. My mom is the best person that I know and I love her so much; I am so lucky to be able to continue to learn from her always.
6 comments:
I have lived with her for over 38 years and I agree with everything you said about her. She is an amazing persona and we are such a fortunate family to have her. I love her and and am so thankful for her.
Happy Birthday to Aunt Candice. I say ditto too! How on earth are her and DeAnn sisters? Ha ha. Not that DeAnn isn't a great person...she has a heart of GOLD! But they are just so different you know? : )
I couldn't have said it better Stacy and I agree with you 100%. Love you tons mom, thanks for everything!!!
I agree! I couldn't ask for a better MIL. I look up to her so much! Happy birthday Candice!
What sweet things to say about your mama... she really is unbelievably patient... i remember chillin with Noelle growing up and Josh would be having a level 10 tantrum and Candice would totally keep her cool the entire time... amazing.
Amen, your parents were so nice to let me come over so much when we were young! I NEVER remember your mom raising her voice! I remember wondering why she never got mad, and ESPECIALLY now that I have a kid, its a miracle. She is wonder woman for that alone!
Post a Comment