Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Joshy Squashy is all grown up

We spent the last weekend in my favorite place in the whole world - Blanding. The reason for the trip was because my baby brother Josh is going on his mission this week and he spoke in church on Sunday. He did such a great job and I have no doubt that he will be a great missionary in Paris, France. I can not believe that he is old enough to go. I think most of us still picture Josh as the little wild boy with the cutest curls in his hair.
Josh doesn't allow pictures of him to be taken so I don't have any recent pictures of him that aren't of the back of his head or his hand over his face. If you want to see some cute pictures of him through the years check out Kristi's blog. Josh has always had a personality all his own and I think this will work strongly to his advantage on his mission. He will be the type of missionary that everybody loves. Most of the stories that I can think of about Josh might be kind of embarrassing for him so I'll keep this post mild and just post some things that you might not know about him. Josh is a total carnivore; pretty much since he started eating solid foods he has LOVED all kinds of meat. I like meat but I'm all about the carbs (noodles, rice, bread...) so if my mom ever made a dish that included like noodles and meat I would trade a bunch of my meat with Josh and he would give me a bunch of his noodles. When Josh was quite young (probably 4-7 years old) he made people call him Steve Young. Sometimes he answered to Josh but a lot of the time he would only respond if you called him Steve. There was a tiny break in this a couple of times during basketball season when he switched over to being called John Stockton but for the most part he was all about Steve Young. He loves pretty much all sports and always has. Josh is very humble, he has no idea how cool/smart he is. Hopefully his mission will help him realize what a cool dude he is. Josh absolutely knew he would be called to serve in France and even though the rest of us doubted (I was sure he'd be called to Brazil) he never wavered and he was probably the only one that wasn't shocked when he opened his call (even though he wasn't shocked he was pretty dang excited). I am so proud of Joshy Squashy and I will definitely miss him over the next two years.

5 comments:

Jeanine said...

I can't believe Josh is on a mission, (almost) tomorrow I assume. When San Juan played football here, him and Dane came running up to tell me where they got his call too. I couldn't believe it because he always said he would go there and I would tell him if you don't stop saying that you will go to Provo, South mission and serve in Westwater. Josh is one of the funniest kids I have ever met. Him and Dane kept me laughing all through teaching! I still have the 'throwing pens' they gave me after I had Sadie.

The Bradshaws said...

Wow, Josh all grown up, I totally still picture him as a LITTLE boy! He'll do awsome. Sounds like you had fun in Blanding, I love Btown too. Oh and you'd better believe we'll be at the big super bowl party!

Laici said...

Hey Stace, thanks again for the great weekend. Jacelyn misses her new room :) Hey, how do you get your links to show when people updated? I really like that!

taylor & marci black family said...

Wow, I cant believe Josh is old enough for a mission either! He always cracked me up. The whole Steve Young thing. I hope you two are doing well! I wish we got to see you more!

Aundrea said...

Hey Stacey- it's Aundrea, you know, Jesse's sister from Blanding...anyway, just wanted to tell you that I'm friends with one of your mission companions. Jen Crosby (I can't remember her maiden name). just thought I would let you know her blog address. jenandmikecrosby.blogspot.com