Where: Our place
Who: Cardinals vs. Steelers
Why: SUPER BOWL BABY!
Time: 4-ish I think

Ok so ever since we were younger my friends and I always got together to watch the big game. This was always a girls only gathering and our place of choice to watch the game was Cassie's house. There was always an abundance of good food (mostly thanks to Bonnie) and a seriously good time. Now, to some people reading this a Super Bowl party with a bunch of teenage girls might sound pretty lame but that would mean you don't know us. We actually liked and followed football; we knew the teams and players and we knew what had gone on in the season. We all had our favorite teams and no matter who was playing in the championship game we would all bring/wear our favorite team memorabilia. Tyrel would bring her cheesehead; I would wear my 49ers hoodie; Kace would bring her 49ers cushion backrest thingy; Cassie and Marci would don their Cowboys gear; obviously Nicole wasn't a Texans fan back then but now she proudly displays her Houston license plate holder everywhere she goes (I can't remember what teams some of my other friends cheered for). Whether we truthfully cared about the two teams playing or not we would all state before the game who we wanted to win and we would stick with it throughout the game. At halftime we would go outside and throw around a football and let out some of our energy before we headed inside for the rest of the game. We actually watched the game and understood what was going on. Anyway, this tradition has continued more or less throughout the years. Some years the gatherings are bigger than other years but every year we get at least a few of us together to watch the big game. Obviously now that a bunch of us are married and a whole plethora of kids have been born to my friends the dynamics of the parties have changed but it's always a good time and it seems that every year there's more food than the last. Last year was a sad year for me because I watched the game all by myself in New York so this year I want to make up for that and bring back the old days when EVERYONE watched the game together. So consider this your official invite to watch the big game with us at our place this year. I don't want to hear excuses about living too far away or having morning sickness or sick kids (ok so that's kind of a legit excuse), but the bottom line is if you don't already have plans to watch it somewhere else then maybe you should just plan to come watch it with us. It will be lots of fun! Husbands and kids are welcome :) Let me know if you have any questions about the big day.
P.S. this invite is not only for my friends from way back when; it's open to any of our friends, new and old, that might be reading this.
5 comments:
Hi Stacy,
This is Corey's wife Jacci. Her last name was Valdavieso? Or something like that, I think she said she went by Sister Val. I do have a picture of her with her husband John Blanck. It was the Utah vs Byu post in November. Its nice to hear from you!
Oh man, I'm in!!!
i miss that! maybe i should make a tripp up north next weekend......hahhaa, i just saw how i spelt "trip". i'm leaving it!
We are in. Did you know there is also a new epidsode of "The Office" right after? Does it get any better than that? Super Bowl Party, and then an hour of the funniest show on tv.
Yeah! I miss watching football... Bryan is never much into it.
Post a Comment