Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July

Well last week was the 4th of July, which is one of my favorite holidays of the year. Blanding is the BEST place to be on the 4th! I had been talking it up ever since I met Taylor; we didn't go down last year because we were getting married in two days, so this was his first Blanding 4th. I warned him that he wouldn't get much sleep for a couple of days. We drove down after work on Wednesday. Thursday we spent the day with my family. We first went to baby hour at the pool with Marilyn, Noelle, Trent, Maxon, Oakley, Addi and Logan. It was lots of fun. Then we went up to our cabin on Blue Mountain with the whole family and ate lunch and four-wheeled around. As soon as we got back to town we had to go to the baseball fields for the beginning of Midnight Madness (overnight softball tournament). We had gotten a team together with some family and friends of ours. Luckily we got out soon enough that we were in bed before midnight, but it was a LOT of fun playing and next year we're hoping to win a game or two. The next morning, which was the 4th, we got up bright and early and headed down to the park. Taylor ran the annual 5k with some of my family members. Neither of us really know why he agreed to run but he did so well! I was so proud of him and I think he was glad he had done it. Then we had breakfast at the park and headed home to shower and get ready for the parade. The parade was the same as always, great and awful at the same time. Then it was carnival time. We pretty much just stood in line for Phillipino food for the longest time only to reach the front as soon as they ran out of most of their food. We did get some delicious kabobs so the wait wasn't completely worthless. We walked around and saw a bunch of my friends and caught up with a million people. Then we headed home for nap time. After resting we went to the boxing matches at the high school. They were enjoyable as usual. That evening we went to the melodrama because I figured I wouldn't be able to say I had given Taylor an authentic Blanding 4th of July experience without the melodrama. It was interesting of course. Then we headed down to the park for live music by "Crossroads" the band and then the best fireworks around. We were dead tired by the time the day ended but we had tons of fun! We loved spending time with my family and seeing so many friends I hadn't seen in a while. We forgot our camera so this post will have to remain pictureless for now.

3 comments:

The Lymans said...

We loved having you here on the 4th and we are glad you had a great time for your anniversary. Luv u, mom and dad

Megan said...

YAY! I'm so glad you commented on our blog! I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you're doing! It was cool to see what you're up to. I can't believe it's already been a year since you got married. Time flies huh?

Erin said...

Come on! No pictures! Whatever