Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's a girl!

Well we have a new addition to our family and her name is Miss Eleanor Rose Harrison. I know I know, what respectful adults who don't even have kids get a pet hamster? Honestly we're asking ourselves that too but we love her!














Eleanor kind of looks like a rat, but not as creepy and she doesn't have a gross rat tail.

She has her own bike. She is supposed to get inside the big wheel and roll all around but she doesn't seem to love the bike just yet. We'll keep trying and see if she warms up to it.


*UPDATE*
Right after my Eleanor post we went to Bear Lake for the weekend (which I still need to blog about) and we left Eleanor home all alone. Well when we got home on Sunday evening Eleanor was not in her cage! We searched all over for her and were sure she was dead and we wouldn't find her until she started stinking or something. The good news is that we found her behind some boxes in the back of the pantry and she was just fine. We then decided she needed a friend so she wouldn't try to run away again so we got another hamster (I know, what's wrong with us?). I will try to post pictures of Mary Todd sometime soon. Let's just say calling them friends would be a huge stretch of the word "friend". Eleanor is a serious bully and we have had to save Mary Todd from getting beat up many times.

4 comments:

Jeanine said...

You are hilarious. I wish I liked animals so that I could buy one- but I just don't. So who came up with the name?

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!

Heats said...

Stacy! Love the hair, so cute! Please don't tell Livvy you have a new addition to the family until she see it. Otherwise everyday she will tell me she has a great idea to go to your house. She already wants to move in with Noelle and her new puppies. :)

Erin said...

I hope you don't accidently step on your rat. Dinner was fun the other night - we need to plan our "other outting" - with the binoculars!