So I'm going to be honest, I don't enjoy blogging. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE reading others' blogs, but I really don't enjoy keeping up on mine. That would explain why I do such a poor job of it. Since Palmer was born I have managed to give monthly updates, but that is really just because I am a horrible scrapbooker, so if I don't document her growth and milestones on the world wide web it will all be forgotten. So that's my long-winded way of apologizing for the fact that every post is just a Palmer update. Hopefully there's some people that like to see her progress but really this blog is mostly for posterity's sake. We are taking a trip to Hawaii at the end of this month so that should give me some good blogging material that's not so Palmer-centric (although she is going with us so there will probably be LOTS of cute Palmer on vacation pics).
Miss Palmer Tay is now four months old as of 11/11/11. She had her four month old check-up today and I was told what I already knew - that she's perfect! She weighs 11 pounds 12 ounces, which is in the 10th percentile. I can't remember what her height was but it was in the 25th percentile. I also can't remember her head circumference but it was in the 75th percentile. She must finally be getting the Lyman noggin; before today's visit she has always measured in the 50th percentile for head. (Her check-up was literally 1.5 hours ago and already I've forgotten her measurements - do you see why I NEED to document her life on blog for anything to be preserved...my memory certainly isn't going to cut it).
Her poor cold has not ever fully gone away. Just when I think she's pretty much better she seems to get some new bug. Her cough seems to be getting better this week but for the two weeks prior to this one she had a very sad croupy cough. It has made sleeping difficult for her and for me, as the cough seems to be worst at night. Like I said though, it's definitely gotten better this week. She got a clean bill of health today though and shouldn't be contagious.
The sleeping situation is pretty grim these days. Her cough has not helped anything in the sleep department. A couple of months ago I thought we were on the cusp of sleeping through the night...it's only gone downhill since then. Her illness seems to have affected her sleep schedule in a really bad way. Lately she tends to sleep only about four hours for her first stint and then sleeps in only two or three hour stints from then on. Usually she still goes back to sleep quickly and easily but every once in awhile she decides to play and jabber for awhile. She's lucky she's so cute because it's impossible for me to be annoyed with her when she looks and sounds as cute and sweet and she does.
She is still not rolling over; she doesn't seem to have much interest in it right now. She is really strong though and can push herself up on her hands and lifts her head very high when on her belly. I can hold her hands and stand her upright and she supports her own weight like a champ. She loves standing and will be happy for as long as I will let her stand.
She has gotten SUPER talkative in the last couple of weeks. We spent a few days with her cousin Denver last week (my sister Noelle's kid) and he loves to jabber and squeal really loudly. Palmer seems to have taken some lessons from him because ever since then she has been telling a lot more loud and squealy stories like he does.
P-Tay had to get one shot this morning (it should have been two but they were out of one of the vaccines so we'll have to go back in a few days for that one - boo!). Last time she did so well with her shots that I wasn't too worried about her "recovery" this time. She did fine with the shot when she got it and then was just fine when we went home. Then a few hours later we were visiting my cousin's CUTE new baby, Heston, and Palmer started crying harder than she ever cries. I figured she was starving because that's really the only time she ever truly cries. I tried feeding her but she wasn't having it and was crying harder and harder. She was inconsolable and I couldn't figure out what could be wrong. But then it hit me that her leg must have been hurting her from the shot. I immediately gave her some Tylenol and then took her home to cuddle. I put a warm rag on the shot spot and cuddled her until she calmed down after about 20 minutes. She got over it about as quickly as the little crying fit had started and she returned to her happy smiley self. I HATE to see my baby in pain!
She was the CUTEST little tiger for Halloween. We didn't do any trick-or-treating but we did make sure to go see Grandma and Grandpa and the cousins.
We sure do love our little sweet Tiger.
Enjoy the cute pictures of our sweet Palmer! Some of them were taken on my phone, so the quality is less than ideal but she's so dang cute anyway. (Also, I finally made it to the 4-Corners Monument. Taylor's parents came to visit for a few days last month and so we drove on over and now I can officially say I've been there.)


1 comment:
She's adorable, thanks for the update!
Post a Comment