My baby girl is three months old as of last week! Where has the time gone? I realize that three months isn't much, but it seems like I had her about a week ago. She is getting to be SO fun! Each day she smiles more than the last and seems so much more responsive to us. I think she knows her mommy cause she seems to smile the most for me :) I love that of course. I can't seem to get a good picture of her smiling - too much of a delay on my camera.
She doesn't seem to be making much progress in the sleeping through the night department. Pretty much she's the same as she was a month ago - five to six hours for the first stretch, then usually around three to four hours for the next stretch. She still eats quickly and goes back to sleep easily so I can't complain too much.
Palmer tells some pretty awesome stories these days. She babbles, coos and squeals all day long and I would just love to be inside her head. She isn't rolling over yet but she seems to be getting pretty close to rolling from front to back. She loves tummy time for about five minutes and then she realizes she's bored and she gets over it very quickly.
One fabulous quality about Palmer is that she does not spit up. I can count on one hand the times that she has spit up in her whole life and two of those times were the morning after she was born.
I mentioned in my last post that she was starting to get into sucking her fingers/hand. Just about a week ago she really started separating her thumb and sucking on it alone. I don't really want her to be a thumb sucker because it can be such a hard habit for kids to break, but it is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. She sucks so loudly and intensely and I think she's pretty proud of herself every time she gets her thumb in there. I feel like I have more control over a binky as I can take that away when I'm ready for her to be done with it...I can't take her thumb away. I do like that she can self-soothe with the thumb sucking though. She's started pulling her binky out of her mouth and then trying to put it back in. She is not coordinated enough for that yet, but she gets a little closer every day.
Poor little P-Tay is still a little sick. Over the last few weeks her cold seems to have gotten better, then worse, then better again. She still doesn't seem too bothered by it, but it is really sad when she coughs her cute little cough or her breathing gets all congested. I finally took her to the doctor last week just to be safe and she was given a clean bill of health. Her ears looked fine, her lungs sounded clear and she had no temperature. The doctor said as long as she doesn't seem too miserable or the symptoms don't get worse then she should be fine. One good thing about going to the doctor was that we got to get her three month measurements instead of waiting until her four month check-up. Tiny little girl was only 10 pounds 5 ounces, 22 inches long with a head circumference of 15 inches. The doctor was not concerned with her tininess. She said she's very proportionate and seems to be growing just fine. She's just a little cute thing all around :) I weighed her at home the other day and my scale had her at 11 pounds.
As for how Taylor and I are adjusting to life with a baby, Palmer has made things too easy for us. She is pretty easygoing wherever we go and she usually doesn't mind being passed around. Anybody who knows me knows that I am ALWAYS tired and I need more sleep than the average human. This was something I was extremely worried about with having a baby because new moms are notoriously tired. I am more convinced than ever that Heavenly Father loves me because somehow I have felt just fine. Don't get me wrong, I'm still tired, but I am truly no more tired than I was before having Palmer. That is such a blessing for me! Taylor loves his sweet little girl and she loves him back. They're just as cute together as I always expected. I love my little family.
There's not much else going on in our lives these days. Everything pretty much revolves around our sweet baby. Our townhouse is going on the market soon and while it will probably take a good little while to get it sold, we are hoping and praying that it happens quickly.
Again, sorry for all the pics of just Palmer but I take about a million pictures of her each day. I can't get enough. Enjoy!




2 comments:
She is too cute! And those thumb sucking pictures....too cute. But true about being a hard habit to break. And are you serious about the spitting up? One hand? Really? That is one of my biggest fears. If I have a spitter-upper, I'm going to come trade you!! I'm serious. Be prepared.
What a little sweetheart. Sounds like she is a lot of fun!
Post a Comment