Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am a tired person...




So anybody who knows me very well knows that I require a pretty ridiculous amount of sleep in order to function in a normal way. I have always envied people who can consistently sleep four to six hours a night and still get things done. If I get less than six hours of sleep in a night then it takes me a good week of eight to nine hour nights to start feeling half decent again. I have learned from experience that I really need a consistent eight hours a night in order to think clearly, but even then I'm ALWAYS tired. I probably average about 7.5 hours of sleep on weeknights, which isn't ideal for me but I make it work; then on the weekends I need to sleep a ridiculous amount in order to store up a little bit for the coming week of work. My whole family (minus my mom) is notorious for being able to sleep anywhere anytime. It's not possible to live a productive life and to sleep as much as our bodies want us to sleep, so we have all come to accept the fact that we just have to be tired constantly. I have had to find the happy medium where I get enough sleep to be able to function properly, but not so much that I sleep away all the hours in the day to the point of having no time to get anything done. I have slept through more classes (especially in college) and work meetings than any respectable adult should in a lifetime. I am not even one little bit kidding when I say that I think I might have a slight case of narcolepsy or something similar. It often gets to a point where I have absolutely no control over falling asleep, regardless of the amount of caffeine or anything else that I take into my body. And that can happan at any time of day in really any situation, even if I've gotten a full good night's sleep the night before. I'm not sure why I'm putting this into a blog post, other than I want the universe to know that I'm not just lazy - I really really want to be awake more and be more productive, but my body won't let me.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

I hear ya sista!

Kacey and Joe said...

It's true. I ain't never seen anyone sleep like you do. It was kind of a gift from above when we had the bunks.

The Bradshaws said...

Haha, I love it Stace. You make me laugh so hard and I hear ya, I need my sleep too. Luckily I'm blessed and my kids are sleeping in till like 9 or 9:30 so I'm getting some pretty good sleep...but I could always take more.