Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Deco

Ok so this is a little belated, but I wanted to give a little birthday shout out to Deco.
What to say about him...Deco is so incredibly unique. I'm certain that anybody who knows him would agree with me that he is completely his own person. He doesn't conform to others' opinions. He doesn't base decisions on what others think is cool - he just does what he thinks is best for him. Deco is an incredibly hard worker. When he played football in high school other players and coaches were constantly saying how he always gave 100%; even though he was not one of the big guys on the team he played as tough as the big guys. He still works that hard in life. At times in the past few years he has worked three jobs at a time (maybe more?). He works very hard to provide for his family and give them a good life. He is a very loving father and one of the most patient people I know.
Deco and I share a special bond. I think this is partly because of how close we are in age (one year and six days), and also because we served our missions at the same time, speaking the same language. We traveled to Brazil shortly after I got home and we had an awesome trip. He is really good about speaking Portuguese to me...I'm not so good about speaking it back to him. Because of him I haven't completely lost the language yet.
I hope he knows how awesome he is. Love ya D!


In this picture we're standing on the border of Brazil and Argentina and you can see Uruguay in the background...pretty cool.

No comments: