Sunday, May 9, 2010

My seester

First of all I wanna say happy Mother's Day to my mom, mother-in-law, grandmas and all the other moms who influence me. I have been blessed to always be surrounded with fabulous moms who are such great examples and support to me.
Besides being Mother's Day, today is also Kristi's birthday so I wanted to give her a little shout out.
When I was young I remember being taught in church or in school (can't remember for sure...probably church though) that we should pick good role models to try to model our lives after. So we made a list of people that we admired and who we thought were good examples. I don't remember anyone that was on my list except Kristi. She has always been such a fun person to be around and I don't even remember her being mean to me when I was a little annoying girl trying to follow her and her friends around.
Kristi is one of the bravest people I know. Her and Camryn are in the process of breaking Camryn's new horse (Stella) right now. The other day they were in the little round pen and something spooked Stella and she took off at a sprint going in circles. Kristi got right in her path and started waving her arms. I'll tell you what, I would have been finding a way out of that little pen...ain't no way I would step in front of a semi wild horse who was running at that speed. But not Kristi, she just stepped in the way and Stella stopped and calmed down. Kristi used to rappel a lot, which I've done a few times but it scares the crap out of me.
Kristi is a HARD worker. She is an awesome mom and devotes a ton of time to her kids' various activities. Very rarely is she doing only one thing at a time. She usually has her computer doing her coding stuff while also attending to her kids' every need, answering my coding questions and laughing at Jeremy's jokes all at the same time. I hope that someday my kids turn out half as cool as hers. I have absolutely loved living so close to Kristi and her family ever since I moved to Blanding. I'm glad she married someone who my husband can be such good friends with. We love hanging out with them.
I'm so glad to have Kristi as my sister and friend. I love her guts! Happy Birthday Kris!

1 comment:

Heats said...

I love her guts too. She is pretty dang amazing.