That's right, we're the proud new owners of Elmer; he is a CUTE black shi-tzu puppy. He's the son of Ellie (my mom's dog) so we've known him since he was born. He is so sweet and so far he seems pretty laid back. There are two exceptions to his laid-backedness - He does not like it when his mom bullies him around and he fights back. They get into some pretty ferocious barking/biting matches, but he never starts the fights. Ellie is a really laid back and sweet dog too, so I think she just feels threatened by all the attention he is getting and she'll calm down once we all get used to each other. The other exception is when we leave him in his little sleeping area all alone at night. He yaps and cries like the world is ending. It is the saddest thing ever, but he is not potty-trained nearly enough to let him sleep anywhere else yet.
Camryn named Elmer when he was born and we think the name fits so we decided to keep it. Taylor tries to act like Elmer doesn't completely melt his heart but they totally love each other and he hates it when Elmer cries when we have to leave him alone at night. We love our new doggy!
2 comments:
Ha ha. Nice, I like your title. I was excited for you for a minute. The puppy is very exciting too. Did you see my last post? We must think alike.
Ok. So I just stumbled across your blog! It's so cute! I love Elmer already and hope to meet him soon :) I hate when Louie cries and yaps... so I feel your pain! Hopefully he can get potty trained soon!
Post a Comment