Well I'm really annoyed right now because somehow I managed to lose my most recent pictures both on my camera and on my computer so I don't have any good pics to go along with this post; sorry I know that makes it boring.
Thanksgiving was fabulous as always. We ate at Noelle and Trent's house and the whole family was there, which made for a very loud and fun Thanksgiving. We ate a ton of food and also managed to get some family pictures taken while everyone was together. Because of the millions (well it felt like millions) of kids I did not get my usual Thanksgiving Day nap, nor did we manage to watch much football, but it was still an enjoyable day. I had to work the day before and I also had to work on Friday and Saturday (boooooo) so I did not get in any good shopping or relaxation for that matter. It was great to see all of my family for a minute though.
The things that I am most grateful for, and I'm sorry that they're all the same cliche things that everyone puts but it's truly what I'm thankful for, are the following:
Taylor, because he is so much fun and refuses to be a grown-up because grown-ups are boring. He keeps life interesting
My whole family (including my in-laws); I couldn't ask for better parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, grandparents, in-laws etc. than I have. I'm very lucky
A stable job (knock on wood); in today's economy I guess I shouldn't complain about working Thanksgiving weekend; I should just be thankful I have a job and steady income.
The gospel; who would I even be without it? It's scary to think about.
The best friends in the world; my friends played a huge part in making me who I am today (which may not be fabulous, but could be a lot scarier without their friendship and good influences)
I have so much more to be thankful for, it's kind of ridiculous that I spend any time complaining about anything.
Now, on to the second topic of my post...TWILIGHT. When I first heard that they were making a movie out of the first book I was not very excited or optimistic about how the movie would turn out. I just couldn't see how they could put the emotion and details on a screen in two hours. I figured that I'd eventually see the movie, but probably just when it got the the dollar theatre or something. But then the movie came out and I heard mostly good reviews, especially from my friends who saw it so I decided I needed to see it sooner than later. I got Taylor to go with me last week (what a good husband) and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. Obviously they had to leave out plenty of details, but they included the important stuff and they kept it intense and humorous and emotional and everything you'd want to see in the Twilight movie. Overall I was very pleased and after I saw it I kind of just wanted to watch it again. Now the hard part is going to be waiting for New Moon to be made into a movie...patience is not a trait I was blessed with.
Hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving and that you're all getting ready for Christmas! I LOVE Christmas time!!!
3 comments:
I'm glad to hear that you liked the movie. It's even better the second time! I drug Ry to Twilight last week....he liked it:) Sounds like you guys had a great thanksgiving.
What a fun Thanksgiving! We'll be in Utah for a could of weeks for Christmas, we'll give you guys a call:)
Just wondering if I've told you lately that I love you. Glad you had a fun Thanksgiving. Radley and I both got the flu and were throwing up all weekend :( I also liked Twilight, obviously the book is better, but it was fun to watch. I think we're coming Monday, I'll call you this weekend.
Post a Comment