We've had a busy couple of weekends. On Friday last week we went to Taylor's cousin Amanda's UVU Christmas ballroom dance production. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would and I was completely impressed with all of the dancers. It was a good night. We went to another dance recital yesterday; this time it was our niece Livvy's recital. I'm not gonna lie, we got lost on our way there and her dance was the first one so we totally missed it. She looked very cute in her little leotard though and I'm sure she did great. Hopefully next time we'll actually make it to see her dance.
Last Saturday morning I went to a bread class taught by the "bread lady" and her daughter. For anyone who hasn't heard of this lady she is amazing. She's seriously a bread (and all things bread-related) guru! Check out her blog here bread lady's blog. Marilyn and I went to the class together; I was excited to go and I knew it would be helpful because I am definitely not a bread-making genius but I had no idea how much I would love the class. I learned so much! This lady has been giving these classes for over a decade and now I can see why she continues to be in such high demand. The bread lady's not only a genius about bread (although that's obviously her specialty), she's also very smart about budgeting and meal planning and food storage etc. She gives awesome tips and advice about so many things. Even for anyone who thinks they're already pretty bread savvy I would HIGHLY recommend taking this $20 class.I put my new knowledge to use last Sunday. We had Landry and Susan over for dinner and we had homemade pizza, breadsticks and for dessert a delicious strawberry cream cheese braid. I forgot to get any pictures of my creations. Yesterday we had some friends, Nola and Brian, over for lunch and we had soup and breadsticks. This time the breadsticks turned out even better cause I put more seasoning on them. I also made some loaves of bread. I hope to never buy store bought bread from now on.
We LOVE homemade bread! At our house we're pretty much on an all carbs diet most of the time.
After our nephew Porter's baptism last Saturday we went to the mall and did some serious Christmas shopping, which was very enjoyable :) I sure do LOVE shopping! After shopping and stopping by a friend's house for the end of the Jazz game we came home and even though we were so tired I made Taylor help me put up the Christmas tree and some lights and decorations around the house.
This pic's kinda blurry.
5 comments:
OH I love that you are SO into the Christmas spirit!
Stacy this is your cousin Corey. My wife informed me that you too are a blogger in the blogosphere we live in. Anyway I had to tell you that we are good friends with John & Lisa Blank. Apparently she was in the MTC with you. She said you would know her as Sister Val and made me promise to tell you hi for her. So there you go, Hi from her.
I know EXACTLY what you mean about being a little sad that the season is almost over. BC it isn't just Christmast day...it's the WHOLE season. The bread lady thing sounds SO fun! I would love to do something like that. Bread is way hard for me...honestly, i've been really scared of it:) I need to delve in and really learn how. I love the Ginger bread house, you'll be an amazing mom!!! r u guys coming for Christmas??
Love the tree! We have lots of blue on our tree but I never really associated it to BYU but hey it is blue! I promise next time Livvy has a recital I will request her to be the 3rd or 4th dance. Thanks for coming anyway!
Stace, that is the funniest most random dream ever!! I laughed out loud when I read it!!! wish you guys were coming for christmas!!!!!
Post a Comment