Saturday, October 18, 2008

More mood swings than a pregnant woman...



This is Taylor. I just wanted to get out some feelings I have had on my mind since Thursday's events... First of all the BYU game... Wow, what a painful couple of hours. We had some friends over, and Stacy made a smorgasbord of delicious treats. It seemed like it was going to be a joyous event. Not so much. By half time I was just wanting everyone to get out of my house. It is absolutely nothing agianst them obviously; I just did not want them to see me cry.
I had to give up hope of any kind of comeback with about two and a half minutes left in the game. I know I held out FAR to long, but I just love my Cougs so much I was having a hard time accepting the fact that the BCS was not in the cards this year. So when I did give up on the comeback, I swiched to TBS to see how my Red Sox were doing. Down 3 games to 1 in the best of 7 ALCS - American League Championship Series. Quickly to clarify, the Braves are my number one team.

But as Jeremy Redd taught me, you have to have a team from both the NL and the AL. Plus I need to have a team to cheer for in the postseason, and my Braves have been letting me down in that category the last few years. And I fell in love with Big Pappi and the Sox in '04 when they came back and beat the Yankees. I HATE the Yanks! Well, the Sox were down 7-0 in the 7th inning. Not looking good! But after some clutch 2 out 2 strike hitting from Dustin Pedroia, the Sox were on the board. And then Pappi being Pappi, took it to 7-4. Then they were able to tie it up in the 8th, which included a 2 run homer from J.D. Drew. This entire time, my emotions are all over the place. Excited about one of the better postseason comebacks in recent memory, to depressed once again in the pain my Cougars had put me through. Then in the 9th... an error, and another clutch hit from Drew, and I was on cloud nine!!! 'Til I thought of the Cougars again...
Clearly I take sports much too seriously, but it's just who I am.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

YOU'VE BEEN BOO-ED - come to my blog for your treat!

The Lymans said...

YOU'VE BEEN BOO-ED - come to my blog for your treat!