Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Baby!

I started this post in June and then apparently forgot about it.

We'll be having another little friend join our family in November of this year :)  It felt like a really long road to get this to happen, but it's finally happening.  Taylor and I had all the tests done to see why we had fertility problems; they never found anything wrong with either of us that would be keeping it from happening.  I guess it just needed to be on the Lord's time, and not ours.  We did IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) three times and it finally worked on the third try.  We were very happy about this because if it hadn't worked the third time we were going to amp it up and get much more aggressive, which basically means a lot more needles and a lot more money.

I want to document a few things for myself from the pregnancy so far:

4 weeks - It took three positive pregnancy tests to convince me, but I was finally pregnant!

5 weeks - Getting quite sick.

6 weeks - SO sick.  Much much sicker than I ever was with Palmer.  There has been a lot of days with this pregnancy that I've thrown up more in one day than I did my entire pregnancy with Palmer.  Every stereotypical pregnancy symptom was there for me for the entire first trimester.  Constant nausea (and when I say constant I mean literally 100% of the time), vomiting, food aversions, smell aversions, extreme exhaustion, peeing 800 times a day, congestion, heartburn etc.

8 weeks - Went to the doctor because we had a trip to Mexico coming up and we wanted to make sure everything looked ok so far with the pregnancy and talk about getting some meds to help with my nausea/vomiting.  The doctor said I was measuring WAY bigger than I should and we got nervous/excited that it might be twins.  The doc did a quick ultrasound and only found one.  Twins were an exciting idea for about two minutes, but when he only found one I felt relief rush over me.

11 weeks - Went to Mexico.  I didn't throw up once in Mexico.  I still had the constant nausea, but it was so much less than it had been up to this point.  I thought I was getting out of the first trimester yuckiness.  On the plane ride home I got sick.  I threw up on both legs of the flight and on the drive home that night.  I guess the baby just wanted to be on vacation because the extreme sickness was back and it didn't go away after we got home.

12 weeks - Ultrasound and doctor appointment.  Ultrasound confirmed I was further along than we thought - woohoo!  Due date moved up.  So instead of 12 weeks, I ended up being 13 weeks and 3 days along at this point.  


14 weeks - Still feeling as awful as ever.  My hopes of having all the yuckiness leave with the first trimester were dwindling at this point.  

I did slowly start feeling better in the second trimester.  My nausea and aversions eased up a little and I threw up a lot less. 

As I entered the third trimester I started getting sicker again and having all sorts of pains and discomfort.  This pregnancy was all around much worse than my first one but all very worth it!  For my own benefit I'll really really try to do a post detailing labor and delivery of this little man (which was also MUCH worse than with Palmer).


No comments: