Friday, November 15, 2013

Life

Turns out I started a post on August 12th and then left it as a draft until now.  Rather than adding whatever I thought the post was lacking (including pictures), I guess I'll just publish it now and hopefully do another post soon.  So the below is all from three months ago:

Well, life gets in the way of my blogging.  I guess that's good - I'd rather live life than write about a boring one.  But there are just some things that I feel need to be documented, as long as I have a blog and such.
We've been in our house for a year and I still have about a million projects that I would like to do to decorate and add function, but we are really really loving it here.  The best part of the house is still its location.  Living so close to family is the best...seriously the actual best.
Palmer is growing up way too fast; she turned two a month ago.  She is my funnest and cutest and favorite little friend.  She says funny things all the time and has such a strong/fun/emotional personality.  We haven't really made any new progress in the potty training department, but since she's barely two I'm not stressing about it too much.  She did actually poop on the bathroom floor today so I'm not sure if that's a step in the right direction or in the wrong one...
She knows most colors now and almost always gets them right.  Sometimes she mixes up pink and purple and also yellow and orange, but she is really good at them.  She knows the basic shapes.  She's also learning how to count, but we're in the very early stages of that.
Somehow she's gotten even more clingy and attached to me.  And somehow she's still kind of the most inconsistent sleeper.  She actually does fine with sleeping; I very very rarely have to go into her room in the night and she goes down for bed like a dream 98% of the time.  But she rarely sleeps as long as her body would like her to sleep in the mornings and at naps.  She's an emotional girl that needs lots of sleep, so her shortened sleep leads to lots of emotional days.
She's still a very picky/finicky eater, but I feel like she has gotten the tiniest bit better about trying things she thinks she doesn't want to eat.  She still loves her cookies and treats.
She definitely went through a growth spurt a couple of weeks ago and is noticeably taller now.  She hasn't gotten her two year molars yet, but she's got the rest of her teeth that come in before those molars.
Some funny things she's said recently:
My dad was dumping a bunch of ice into a cooler and it was fairly loud and Palmer said, "Oh goodness!"  I'd never heard her say that before and it was so cute.
When something isn't quite how she'd like it to be she'll say, "Oh dear."
Her automatic answer to almost anything that you ask her is always "uh uh" while shaking her head "no".
She loves to bring us random things and show us all excited while saying, "What's this?  What's this?" over and over.
When she does something she's proud of she proudly exclaims, "I did it!"  When she finds something she's looking for she says, "I found it!"
She's started saying prayers at night when we prompt her and it's the cutest thing I've ever been a part of in my life.  She also sings along a few words to some of the songs she's heard a lot when we sing to her at bedtime.  
Whenever she hears a toilet flush she starts clapping and exclaims, "Yay Mommy!" (or whoever just went potty)
She absolutely loves her aunts, uncles and cousins.  If you say the name of one person in a family she'll go through and name every other member of the family.
She's obsessed with animals and loves to make animal sounds and loves to visit Grandma and Grandpa's petting zoo next door :)  She's also becoming obsessed with bugs and dirt.
She's OBSESSED with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and life is good for her if Mickey is on the TV or on my phone.
She loves the pool, but she usually doesn't want to stay in the water for more than a half hour.  She prefers to wrap up in a towel and then eat lots of snacks and play in the sand with Bryir.  We did a two week Mom & Me swimming lesson course at the beginning of the summer.  She wasn't so sure she wanted to learn new things, but she really did get more brave and try new things.  She'll now blow bubbles with her mouth in the water.  She'll float on her back or stomach (with me holding her) and kick her legs.  If I warn her that she's going to go under the water then she lets me dunk her and usually comes up with a smile on her face.  She loves going down the slides too.

No comments: