Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions

So they say that if you write your goals down, and share them with others, you're more likely to achieve them. I'm not sure who "they" are, but I tend to believe them on this one. So, on that note, I'm writing down some of my goals/resolutions for this year. I don't really care if nobody reads them, but the fact that I'm putting them out into the internetiverse (like that one? I just made it up) makes me feel like I have to really work on them.
These are in no particular order:

-Read the Book of Mormon start to finish. I realize that this is not a huge accomplishment, but I don't do well at reading it cover to cover. I start and read a ways and then start over again; I jump around; I get bored with parts (bad to say, I know, but I'm just being honest). So I want to read every single word, in order, this year.



-Lose my post-baby weight and get more toned. No, that wasn't a typo - I really did mean POST-baby weight. I couldn't really eat much during my pregnancy so I didn't gain a lot of weight. Therefore, within a few days of giving birth, I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight, albeit with a pudgy/squishy belly. After I had Palmer I developed a ravaging appetite; I think this was due to the fact that I spent nine months hardly touching or enjoying food and also because with Palmer nursing I could eat and eat and eat and never really get full or gain a pound. It was incredibly enjoyable for two or three months - I ate anything and everything that sounded tasty to me all day long. But then, slowly but surely, I started noticing the pounds coming back. Now, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't consider myself a big whale just yet, but I need to nip the uncontrolled eating in the bud before I become a whale. So, as of today, I am eating A LOT less junk and working out more. I started running again very soon after I had Palmer, but I haven't really increased my distance or speed and I mostly haven't been doing anything besides running, so it's time to up the intensity.



-Save. More. Money. Taylor and I have money in savings and we try to stick to a budget, but we both feel that we could save a lot more and frivolously spend a lot less. So we will.



-Get into a house! Living at my grandma's has been great for us and there's enough space for now, but we can't help but feel that we're living in limbo. We're ready to move on. We had hoped to have broken ground on our house by now, but that hasn't happened. It should happen this month and if all goes according to plan, we'll be in by summer...hopefully.
Our house may end up being a little smaller than this picture :)


I feel like there's a couple I'm forgetting...I guess it's good I wrote these down before I forgot them all. I may need to add goals as I think of them.

2012 is going to be AWESOME!

5 comments:

Sagan Shumway said...

LOL Stace you crack me up. Seriously you are making us all feel fat when you talk about you needing to lose weight.....get a real new year's resolution!! Ha jk but seriously.

Sagan Shumway said...

That above comment was actually from cheyna. Don't know why it says sagan lol

Olsen Family said...

stacy, try using the seminary student study guides to follow along with. I used it for the BOM and the new testament. I learned so much and it gave me weekly goals to read. I am now on the D&C study guide.

Heats said...

Love this stace, I am with ya on pretty much everything! Let's do a daily walk, when I can actually walk...

Danny & Rona said...

So do those killer buttermints you made (best thing I've ever had in my life by the way) fit into your plan?? Cause I'm pretty sure I could make them fit into mine. You have some seriously impressive goals. You go girl.