Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Moving right along

Well I'm 17 weeks along now. I had a doctor's appointment today and everything is going according to schedule. I got to hear the baby's fast little heartbeat again and see him/her in another ultrasound. He/she was not showing us anything to give any indication of whether we should start buying pink or blue, but it was still so fun to see the little cutie! I guess we'll have to be patient for three more weeks.
I have been feeling better than I did in the first trimester, but I've still had my pregnancy issues. The constant nausea is gone, but I still get sick plenty. My doctor's goal for me by my next appointment is to have gained any weight at all. So far I haven't been able to eat enough/keep enough food down for that to happen. Normally it would be a good problem for a girl to not be able to gain weight, but I know it's important to gain weight during pregnancy so I've been trying to figure out how to do that. I don't have much of an appetite most of the time. For about a week and a half I thought I was past the vomiting and I was even having some cravings and really enjoying food again. For some reason that didn't last and I'm back to food mostly not sounding good and not sitting well in my tummy. I have to eat pretty regularly or I get real sick, so I eat small amounts all throughout the day.
I have pretty constant heartburn/reflux but for the most part it can be kept under control with Tums and an uncomfortable wedge pillow (thanks Nicole - it really has helped)! The discomfort of sleeping with the wedge is better than the discomfort of not sleeping due to reflux.
I've pretty much focused on the negative, but honestly this pregnancy is flying by and I really feel like it hasn't been too bad at all! I am loving this experience. Taylor and I are getting so excited to meet our little baby Spike in a few months. I have now been working solely from home for a week and it is going so great. I feel so lucky that I will be able to stay home with the baby when the time comes. Any guesses about the gender?

3 comments:

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

I think girl. A little girlfriend for Tony :)

Tyrel said...

I think a girl tooo, but I need some belly pictures. Even if you are tiny. I wanna see that bump.
Sorry about the sickness, no one wants that.

Nicole & Trent said...

One boy. One girl. TWINS!!! Hurry, have twins. That would be so fun!