Friday, May 15, 2009

Yellerstone

Warning: picture overload yet again with this post!

Last weekend we went to Yellowstone with Kacey and Joe for a fun long weekend. We stayed in the cutest little cabin in West Yellowstone and had even more fun than we had anticipated. The weather wasn't as cold as we had feared and everything was very uncrowded so it made for a very exciting, relaxing and refreshing trip. We will definitely go back!
We spent one full day in the park, driving around and looking at neat things. We saw lots of cool animals...millions of bison (at least it seemed like millions by the end), lots of elk, cool birds and we even saw a wolf. We were too slow with the camera to get a picture of the wolf (well we got a picture of the tail) but we really did see one, which apparently is pretty rare because there's so few of them in the park. We were pretty excited when we saw him. We did not see any bears in the park but on the way home we stopped at "Bear World" in Idaho and we got our bear fix there. We also saw moose, white elk, deer, wolves and some smaller animals at Bear World. On our last afternoon we rented bikes from a little shop and rode the bikes around the town and on a cool bike trail; this turned out to be very fun and we were so glad we did it. West Yellowstone is such a cute little town. We ate SO much junk the whole trip and really just had such a great time. We would definitely recommend going up there for a weekend for anyone who needs a little getaway.

Seriously though, how cute is this cabin?




B-e-a-utiful views and I'm not even really a nature person



Old Faithful herself in all her glory






Joe and Taylor in their rival hoodies (Joe-Utah, Taylor-BYU) doing some awesome tricks with their bikes


BEAR WORLD!
Taylor was not seriously injured, nor were any animals in taking this picture
CUTEST baby bear cubs ever! I wish you could see them better in this picture. I almost couldn't walk away from them

Teenage bears


I asked Kacey how many cinnamon bears she could fit in her mouth and chew and swallow. She did 10 but I'm pretty sure she could have done more.
Awww...how cute are they?
Enjoying some delicious food at the Old Faithful Inn

5 comments:

Erin said...

1 - What's with the preppy-tennis shot? (sweaters around shoulders)
2- What a fun trip! Love it!

Heats said...

How fun! I forget how much I like Yellowstone. That is definitely the cutest cabin.

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

What a fun weekend. I love cabins with their patchwork quilts and non-matching curtains. Seriously, They're just comforting:) those are some cute baby bears.

Jed said...

Stacy,
That hat is YOU! Love it.
Dad

Dawn said...

Yay! I am so glad that you enjoyed your trip to Wyoming. Now you need to make sure Bryan hears ALL about this so he can get a wyo craving too!