Wednesday, June 20, 2012

T Minus One Month...




Even with food all over her face, I just think she is the prettiest little thing I've ever seen.

Well I think I've been putting off doing this post because I thought that Palmer couldn't turn one if I never blogged about her hitting the 11 month mark.  I guess I've come to terms with it now.  Don't get me wrong, I really do love watching Palmer grow and learn, but it's just going too fast.
These pictures were taken on the 11th.  This was while we were at Noelle's for a few days.  Her and Denver did lots of playing.  I think her hair is lightening up.

We took the kids to the park.  The babies played on the blanket, while the big kids played on the jungle gym.
This little girl is my best friend!  I love spending my days with her.  She could not be more fun or more silly.  I feel like she grew up a ton in the last month.  I also feel like she's gotten a lot taller and just looks older these days.
Palmer is still cruising around with her little army crawl.  She pulls up on her hands and knees about 100 times a day and sometimes moves forward a little, but then she drops right back down and goes back to the army crawl.  I guess she thinks it's sufficient for now.  She's pretty darn fast.  She's really good at climbing over, under and through obstacles.  She pulls herself up onto her feet on the side of the couch and on other objects a lot more lately.  She still doesn't seem very inclined to walk.  She's pretty wobbly on her feet and I don't think she'll be taking those first solo steps any time soon.
She jabbers at me all day and currently her favorite sounds are "oh" and "ow."  Sometimes she says them together and it sounds like, "oh wow."  She still says "mama" and "dada" here and there, but those aren't her favorite sounds currently and we're still trying to get her to connect those words with us.  Sometimes she "sings" along with music in the car.  I've been trying to teach her to dance when she hears music and sometimes she sways a little bit, but most of the time she just laughs at me when I dance for her.
She still loves her tricks.  Her favorite is probably peek-a-boo and she'll even play that when she's sad and crying.  She quite often starts playing it by covering her eyes without being prompted, especially when I'm feeding her.  She still loves to clap and wave "hi" and "bye."  She'll usually give five if you put out your hand in front of her and sometimes if you ask for a kiss she'll lean in with a big open mouthed wet one!  More often than not though she'll turn her head and let us kiss her on the cheek.
Palmer girl still loves to eat.  She's a good little eater, except at dinner time.  Actually she only gives attitude if I try to feed her food specifically made for babies.  She eats our dinner just fine, and as much of it as we'll give her.  But baby food...even when it's noodles, chunks of meat, non-pureed vegetables etc. she somehow knows that it's baby food and starts fighting it with all the attitude in the world after about five bites.  She loves to eat our dinner though and we're getting to where she eats a lot more of our food and a lot less baby food.  She also loves her some snacks.  Her favorite is graham crackers and they ALWAYS make her happy no matter how upset she might be.  She also really loves yogurt.  I think it's like dessert to her and she'll always eat her little baby yogurt with no problem.
No more teeth this month, but her two bottom teeth are coming in a little crooked (she can thank me for that) but SO cute!
We've been swimming a lot since the pool opened last month.  We like to go during the "mommy & me" time slot and we usually meet up with a bunch of her little friends.  She seems kind of neutral on the whole idea of the pool so far.   She doesn't love or hate it.  She likes to try to eat the water.  The longer we stay at the pool the more clingy she gets and sometimes she even gets super cuddly with me.  Of course I love that, especially since she is so not a cuddler normally. 





P-Tay loves bath time!  She insists on being on her stomach and just swims around like a crazy little fish for as long as I'll let her stay in the bath.  Seriously she goes from one end of the tub to the other, and back again the whole time and she's fast and silly about it.
We have recently decided she definitely has ADHD...hopefully she'll grow out of this.  She does not hold still or focus on anything for more than a few seconds.  She is constantly moving.  She has more energy than I will ever dream of having.
She is a great sleeper at night and usually sleeps for a little over 13 hours.  She takes two good naps during the day.  She does not like to travel!  She does not sleep well in the car, and just gets so super upset the longer we're in the car.  I can not wait for the day when she can be in a front facing car seat; it seems like she'll like that much better.  At the rate she's growing that could be quite awhile though.  She's still my petite little thing, no matter how much she loves her food.  She's wearing size 2 diapers.  I tried to move her up to size 3, but they didn't fit snugly enough so we went back to size 2.  She mostly wears 6-9 month clothing.  She still fits in some 3-6 month stuff, and can wear some of her 9-12 month clothes also.
We just love our little Palmer girl.  She makes life so fun!
Sorry for the creepy red eyes, but I had to include this picture because she loves climbing in there and playing.  She thinks it's so fun to climb in one side and out the other.  Sometimes she just crawls through, and others she stays inside and plays around for awhile.

She loves to lay her head down on her toys and cuddle with them for a few seconds and her exersaucer is no exception apparently.  She cuddles with her toys WAY more than she cuddles with us.

She loves to watch us do pull-ups and loves it even more when we help her do some of her own.

She can spread the toys all over the living room much faster than I can clean them up.

How cute are those little feet?!  This was when Palmer and I went up to Noelle's house with her for a few days.  Her and Denver sat next to each other on the ride there and stole each others' toys the whole time.  Like I said, Palmer is not the happiest traveler.

Ok, but seriously could she be any cuter?
Upcoming post teaser - the ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe experiment!

1 comment:

Cheyn said...

Oh my gosh I love that Palmer Girl. We miss her so much.