So first off, Little Miss Palmer is one month old today!!! How is that even possible? Every single day I ask her to stop growing and stay exactly how she is right now but she just keeps on getting bigger. Truthfully I'm excited to experience all of her milestones but I know I am going to miss this newborn phase so much. She also keeps getting cuter, which I'm not even sure is possible. She is so sweet and so much fun; I can't hardly remember or imagine life without her. So far she has been the easiest baby imaginable (knock on wood). If she stays as mellow and sweet as she is now I am sure I'm going to be in for it with my next baby. She eats well, quickly and easily. She sleeps great. She seems to be figuring out days and nights already. She has times during the day where she will be very awake and alert for two to three hours at a time. During the night she just wakes, eats, gets a diaper change and goes right back to sleep. Generally she goes around three hours between feedings but at night she usually has one longer stretch that lasts anywhere from four to five hours. Last night she had a five hour stretch of sleep followed by a four hour stretch. Amazing! I weighed her on Monday, which was her four week anniversary of life, and she was eight pounds even. She is a little grunter - I absolutely love the noises she makes. She loves attention when she is awake and she loves to be held all cuddly snuggly close. I literally can't get enough of her. I know I'm biased but I think she is the cutest little thing that ever existed!
Taylor got a promotion at work the same day that Palmer was born (woohoo!) With the promotion came the requirement of a lot of training in SLC. He's had to be in SLC every week for the last three weeks and he'll come again next week and in three weeks. Palmer and I came with him last week and this week. She is a GREAT traveler! I was honestly pretty worried about how she would deal with all the driving and hotel life and such. She sleeps fabulously in the car and she seems to love her car seat. She has made it really easy to tag along with Daddy, which is good because we missed him a lot the first week when we didn't go with him. We have been staying at the Sheraton Hotel and it's been a very nice home away from home. I really really like staying in hotels. I think it's a combination of the fact that I associate hotels with vacations and that I don't have to do any cleaning at a hotel! Luckily I am able to take my work with me anywhere that has internet. Palmer and I spend our days coding in the hotel room and then visiting family and friends and running errands. I don't miss living in SLC for the most part, but I do miss the family and friends that live in Utah and Salt Lake Counties and I miss shopping! On that note though, since I have lived in Blanding my love of online shopping continues to increase exponentially. I am positive that I spend more money online shopping than I ever spent at stores when I lived in Salt Lake. By the end of the month I am sure we're going to be very happy to stay in Blanding with no more trips for a very long time.
Noelley Belly had her sweet baby boy yesterday! Little Denver middle-name-to-be-decided DeGroot was in a hurry to get here and his mommy had a very quick and exciting labor and delivery. He is so dang cute and I am super excited to see him and Palmer grow up as best cousin buddies.
Now onto the last item of business for today's post - I was rear-ended on the freeway on Tuesday and now our car is totaled. BOO! That was my first car accident and it was just as awful as I would have expected. The positive side is that neither I nor Palmer was hurt. Taylor wasn't with us; we were on our way to pick him up actually. It was rush hour and the traffic in front of me had stopped due to an accident so I stopped. Apparently the guy behind me wasn't paying attention because he bashed into the back of us after we'd been stopped for a couple of seconds. I don't think he even slowed down much. He was in a big Excursion so it could have been a lot worse than it was. Our back window shattered but luckily Palmer's car seat cover was draped over her car seat and zero glass got on her. She continued sleeping peacefully after it happened while I cried and shakingly checked on her. The EMTs and highway patrolman were very nice and made the situation less awful. The guy in the other vehicle was nice and apologetic. Palmer doesn't seem to have any effects from the wreck and I have been only minimally stiff in my neck, shoulders and upper back. I feel really lucky. I am SO sick of dealing with insurance companies but I must say that both my insurance and the other dude's insurance have been really good and easy to deal with (so far). It took longer than I would have liked to get into a rental car but now that we have it things are good. I guess it's time to start car shopping.
Taylor's golf clubs did not fare as well as Palmer and me.
All in all a busy and crazy week, but mostly good and fun. Life is good.
2 comments:
Yikes. It's scary to be rear-ended. I'm glad you both are ok. I was rear-ended when my car was pretty new and I lost it, I was so sad. I can only imagine having my tiny baby with me. BOO!
Sorry about your car, but so glad you are both okay. Palmer is ADORABLE! Enjoy EVERY minute - they grow up too fast! Awesome that Taylor got promoted, but Stetson and I sure miss seeing him at the bank. Are you guys going to have to move? Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment