I mentioned in my last post that we were moving into my grandma's cute little house. We've been here for a couple of months now and it's been great. The space is nice and while it was kind of weird to be living here for the first little while, now we're used to it and I kinda just love that I get this time in the house where my grandma lived for so long. I have planted a garden that doesn't come close to rivaling her gardens but I feel proud that my plants are growing and not dying...yet. I should have taken a picture for this post. I'll include a picture when it gets a little closer to producing all the yummy veggies we're expecting to get this summer. On the note of my grandma, she would have been 95 years old two days ago; I thought of her a lot that day and am just so grateful that I got to learn from her great example as long as I did. Hopefully she left some of her essence in this house so it will help me to learn to be the kind of mom and person that she was. I haven't yet taken a picture of the cute little house, but maybe I'll get around to that by my next post (probably not).
While I was in SLC for one of my baby showers (which I will talk about in a minute) there was an event called "Strut Your Mutt" happening. Kacey and Joe had participated in it last year with their dog Peter. It's basically just a fundraiser for homeless/neglected pets. You pay a registration fee and then show up at a park on the day of the event with your dog and you take a one-mile walk around the park with about ten million other dogs. Kacey, Joe, Elmer, Peter and I participated in the event this year. Elmer is such a little wimp - he was pretty scared of all the dogs, but he slowly calmed down and by the end I think he enjoyed our little adventure. Kacey had bought t-shirts for the dogs and they looked so dang cute in their shirts. Elmer needed a serious haircut so his shirt was nice and tight and he had what resembled a lion mane with all of his fur busting out of his neckline on the shirt. Seriously cute!
Seriously those are some cute dogs, even if they wouldn't look at the camera long enough to get a frontal shot.
Cute Caneparis
I know that I love this dog a little too much, but seriously he is the best dog ever!
A few years ago our current bishop and his wife opened up an ice cream shop in Blanding in a cute building that used the be a bank. It was called "Old Bank Creamery" and everyone in town loved it. They opened during the summer months and then closed down for the rest of the year. Well they haven't opened for the last few summers and somehow this year Taylor and Bishop Lyman got to talking about opening it up again. Bishop didn't necessarily want to deal with all the hassles of opening it and running it but he wanted it open and knew that the people of Blanding would love it. Taylor decided that it would be an ideal project for us to take on. I will be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of the idea of running a business at this very busy time in our lives but I told him it was his call. Well he and Bishop talked a lot and decided to go ahead with opening it up. We opened the shop a little over a week ago and it has been going really well. I'm still not 100% excited about the timing, but I am glad that Taylor is getting some experience in the business world, which is what he wants to do in life. And I'm glad that the people of Blanding can get their ice cream fix for the next few months. It has been A LOT of work and sometimes I feel like I can only think/talk about the ice cream shop and all the little things we need to do to keep it running well. Taylor still works full-time at the bank so that leaves me to deal with the day-to-day issues...I'm not sure what is going to happen when the baby comes. I just really hope that by then our employees will be pretty self-sufficient. I will tell you this...the ice cream is GOOD! I have been eating a lot of ice cream every day and I think the baby likes it too :)
Here's the cute building where we run the ice cream shop. Seriously a way cool building.
Now onto baby updates! This pregnancy has FLOWN by and for the most part I have absolutely loved it! I feel really lucky to have had a breezy and fun pregnancy. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow! She could come any day now...or she could wait three more weeks. I am so dang excited to meet her. I just want her here. Now. I won't go into details about my measurements at my doctor's appointment a few days ago, but things are starting to happen and I really hope that she's getting very close to ready to come meet us. I know I should be more nervous than I am, but in my naivety I am really just excited! We have had three showers thrown for us and they have all been awesome! It started in May with an open house shower thrown by Taylor's mom and sisters. It was so much fun and so nice to see a lot of his family that we don't get to see often since we live far away. We got some awesome stuff and it was a great way to start out shower season. Next up was a shower thrown by Noelle and Kacey for all my up north family and friends. Noelle went all out and seriously put so much time and effort into personalizing everything and making the whole thing so super cute. Kacey hosted it at her house and also put a lot of effort into making it a perfect day for me. Marilyn and her girls helped too and I was glad she ended up being able to come at the last minute. I loved seeing so many people that I love and just like the first shower we got some cute and very useful stuff. Last but not least was a shower thrown by my mom, Kristi and Heather. Marilyn is in town so she was lucky enough to help with and attend yet another shower for me. She definitely gets extra points for that! This one took place yesterday and it was just as fun and awesome for me as the first two. Heather hosted at her house and she had everything looking so dang cute and girly and fun. The food was DELICIOUS and again we got some great presents. Let's just say this little girl is already very loved and very spoiled.
32 weeks pregnant.
36 weeks - not a big difference between 32 and 36 but I could feel and see a difference. Depending when this baby decides to come I may or may not get around to getting one last bump picture.
She's already hooked up very well with the clothes. She also has a dresser full of clothes. It's going to be like playing dress up with a little doll but even better! We have been given so many cute cute clothes from all our family and friends. Girls are so fun to shop for!
Here's the glider rocker chair thing with ottoman that Taylor and Jeremy assembled for me this week. It is very comfortable and hopefully it will make middle of the night feedings a little nicer. Oh and that's cute Taylor and Elmer taking a Sunday afternoon nap on the bed that's in the baby's room.
Here's her crib just waiting for her to do a LOT of sleeping through the night right from day one :)
Lots of awesome baby essentials!
Baby gear! I am so excited to use all this stuff! Thanks to everyone who gave us such great gifts and to those who helped us with the assembly of all the goods.
Cute books and more great baby essentials. Now all we need is the baby!
I have been feeling great. I have the usual discomforts of late pregnancy, but I think mine is not nearly as bad as lots of ladies have to deal with. The baby moves around a lot and it is my favorite thing in the world to feel her movements. I love watching my belly when she is really active. She does get up in my ribs sometimes and at times it feels like she is literally trying to tear my muscles/ligaments/tendons to shreds. That can get pretty painful, but aside from a few days in a row a couple of weeks ago she keeps it to a bearable minimum. I think she has just run out of space and doesn't know what to do with herself in her cramped little area right now. Hopefully she finds her way out very soon. It has started to get pretty hot outside but the hot temperatures really haven't bothered me too much and I feel really lucky and grateful for that. I don't sleep well at all because of discomfort and having to pee a million times a night, but somehow I continue to feel ok during the day and I'm able to get all the stuff done that I need to do each day. Ideally I would take afternoon naps, but that doesn't ever end up working its way into my day. I guess I'm just getting prepared for the sleepless nights/days that are coming my way. I'm assuming that my next post will come after little Palmer's birth so stay tuned for that! Yeah yeah yeah!
Have you ever seen a cuter little chair? Heather gave us this sweet little pink and white checkered chair with Palmer's name embroidered on it - I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment