Ok so we've lived in Blanding for a couple of weeks now and there's not much to tell but it seems like it's time for an update. I started my job with the court immediately after moving here; it's going well, but it's overwhelming as all new jobs are.
Taylor's been able to do some random odds and ends to try to keep himself busy, but he's still looking for his dream job. Keep your fingers crossed that we find it soon! Dream jobs are not plentiful in Blanding.
We are loving the slowness and relaxedness (made up word) of living here. My parents have been awesome hosts and it's been fun spending time with them and eating my mom's delicious cooking again :)
We're looking forward to getting completely unpacked and settled in so we can start spending more time with friends.
I am coaching my niece's J.O. volleyball team with Kristi. So far it's been pretty fun - we've only had a few practices; our first tournament is this weekend...should be interesting. The girls haven't ever played before so hopefully they at least have fun with it and learn a little something. It's been really fun to get to hang out with Camryn...she's my little buddy.
So that's the rundown of our first couple of weeks in Blanding...we still think it's the best place in the world.
Oh and P.S. we're still looking for renters (or better yet, buyers) for our townhouse so if anyone knows of anyone that might be interested send them our way!
2 comments:
Sounds like it didn't take much to adjust down there! I have been meaning to call you to see how things are going. Thank goodness for blogs although for me it lacks personal contact so I will end by saying I will call you soon!
Thanks for the update, I think about you guys now and then and wonder how Btown is treating ya. I'm happy for you guys, but still sad for us :) We'll for sure be in Blanding in April, we'll have to make sure we call you. Miss yout guys!
Post a Comment